Weakness and Disease
Eye infection is caused by bacterial or viral infection and sometime it is a result of fungal infection.
Cause of infection is due to unclean hand rubbing the eye or by contact objects that are not clean like towel, soap or allergies, contact lens.
It is best to see your doctor and seek his advice.
There are many Home Remedies of grandmothers, forgotten recipes.
Tea bags is used for swelling eyes, by placing warm moist tea bag over the eye.
Guava leaves, by placing warm guava leaves on effected eyes to reduce swelling.
Coriander Seeds, by boiling a tea spoon of coriander seeds in a cup of water till ¾ cup remain cool it down and wash eyes. It is beneficial for many eye symptoms.
Cold Water, wash your eyes with cold (not to cold) by pushing the water in eye ducts is beneficial for eye care.
- Powder equal quantities of liquorice and cumin. Take ¼ teaspoon every day along with 1 teaspoon honey for a month.
- Mash 1 ripe banana along with a little curd and water; take twice a day.
- Mix equal quantities of fenugreek seed powder along Shikakai powder for washing hair: Wash Frequently.
- Grind an onion with 1 teaspoon each black pepper and poppy seeds soaked in ½ cup milk. Apply this paste on the head. Allow it to dry for 15 – 20 minutes. Wash in warm water.
- Mix the juice of bottle gourd and sesame oil in the ratio of 4:1, and heat till the moisture is evaporated completely. Once cool, use it for massaging the head.
Eyes Having Dark Circles around Them
- Take one teaspoon tomato juice, ½ teaspoon lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric powder & and a little gram flour. Make a paste & apply. Leave for 10 minutes and wash.
- Drink tomato juice with a few mint leaves, little lemon juice and salt.
Soak cotton wool in cucumber or potato juice and apply around the eyes. You will find a change in 2-3 weeks.
Eye Strain Due To TV Watching
- Boil ½ teaspoon fennel seeds in a cup of water till it is reduced to half. Cool. Use as eye drops. Caution: Beware of contamination.
Eyes – TIRED
- Lavender oil offers gentle relief for tired and strained eyes. Add a drop of lavender oil to 500 ml (2 ½ cups) of water and shake the solution well. Dip two cotton wool pads in the liquid, squeeze out the excess water and place one pad over each eye. If you wear contact lenses, they must be removed beforehand.
powder is useful in soreness of the eyes. About 6 grams of this powder is boiled in about half a litre of water till it is reduced to half. A few drops of this water put in the effected eyes, three or four times a day, give relief.
- Mix seeds of cardamom along with 1 tablespoon honey. Eat every day.
- Boil 2 tablespoons fenugreek leaves along with ½ cup moong dal and 10 small onions and eat regularly.
parsely juice, mixed with carrot juice, is effective in all ailments connected with the eyes and the optic nerves. It is good for weak eyes, ulceration of the cornea, cataracts, conjunctivitis and opthalmia or sluggishness of the pupil.
- The Apple peel water is an excellent medicine for the inflamed eyes both as a beverage and as an eye wash. This beverage is prepared by putting the peelings in a pan, well covered with water. The water should be brought to boiling point and allowed to simmer gently for a few minutes. The water should then be strained off and some honey be added to it. The over-ripe apples are useful as a poutice for sore eyes. The pulp is applied over the closed eyes and is held in position with a bandage. It is allowed to remain there for one to two hours.
- The herb is useful in the treatment of cataract. In such case, 6 grams of ‘Aniseed’ should be taken daily in the morning and evening. The other way of taking this herb is to powder an equal weight of aniseed and coriander seeds and to mix it with an equal weight of unrefined sugar. About 12 gram doses of this mixture is to be taken in the morning and evening.
- Raw parsley juice, mixed with carrot juice, is effective in all ailments connected with eyes and optic nerves. It is good for weak eyes, ulceration of the cornea, cataracts, conjunctivitis and ophthalmic or sluggishness of the pupil.
- The spinach is particularly rich in vitamin A. It contains more vitamin A than most other green vegetables. This vitamin promotes growth and health, specially the health of the eyes. Lack of this vitamin may lead to night blindness and other disorders. Spinach is thus an effective food remedy for the prevention and treatment.
- Margosa (Neem) is very useful in eye diseases. Application of the juice of neem leaves to the eyes every night is highly effective in the treatment of night blindness. The leaves should be pounded and made into a thin paste with water. The juice should then be pressed out through a clean piece of cloth and applied to the eyes with an eye rod. The juice obtained by rubbing a few neem leaves with a little water and strained through a clean piece of cloth is useful in pain in the eyes caused by conjunctivitis. It is warmed, and a few drops put into the ear opposite the ailing eye; to give relief. Eyes are cured after a few applications.
Fruits with benefits for the eyes
The juice of Indian gooseberry, mixed with honey, is useful in preserving eye sight. It will also be beneficial in treatment of conjunctivitis and glaucoma. It reduces intraocular tension in a remarkable maner. A cupful of this juice should be taken mixed with honey twice daily in such cases.
Chicory contains food elements which are constantly needed by the optic system. It is one of the richest sources of vitamin A which is very useful for the eyes. The addition of juices of carrot, celery and parsley to chicory juice makes it a highly nourishing food for the optic nerve and the muscular system. It can bring amazing results in correcting eye defects. Half a litre to one litre daily of this combination has frequently corrected eye troubles within a few months, to the extent that normal vision was regained, making the use of glasses unnecessary.
It is believed that fennel benefits the eye. Herbalists today recommend bathing the weakened sore or inflamed eyes with fennel tea. Regular application of the leaf-juice boiled with honey, is said to cure conjunctivitis.
Eye Exercise for 20 / 20 vision
This is my personal experience and practicing it has changed my life. Now I can see without glasses and can work and read even the finer prints at the age of 72. I was prescribed eye glasses for reading, then bi-focal. For years I remained dependent on them for reading and driving. One day I recollect how to strengthen the eye muscles, immediately I started doing this simple exercise every day for 5 minutes. Thank GOD I see well and my desire is that all of you who use eye glasses try this simple exercise, and GOD willing you may enjoy 20/20 sight.
Step 1: Standing or Sitting (comfortable position)
Step 2: Focus your eyes straight at one point on the wall. (Do not move your head)
Step 3: Try to move your eye balls to extreme right and then left. (As far you can see) 15 times.
Step 4: Then up and down. 15times
Step 5: Then cross right up to left down. 15 times
Step 6: Similarly cross left up to right down.15 times
Step 7: Turn your eye balls round clockwise.15 times
Step 8: Then turn them anti-clockwise.15 times
By regularly practicing it you will be able to strengthen your eye muscles and will be rewarded with renewed eye sight. It is also very important to eat the right food. Fruit & Vegetable are very essential for a healthy body and mind.
EYES & COMPUTERS
Computers makes eyes tired and dry staring. Give eyes some rest when started feeling tired. A little break by closing your eyes for few minutes then looking at an imaginary point on the wall without moving your head and rotating your eyes few times clock wise then anti clock will relax the retina muscles.
10 Best Foods FOR Your Body & MIND.
Added by Drew Canoleon 2012-02-28
When it comes to detoxing your body, there are many techniques you can follow and supplements you can take. But, the best way, is to eat lots of foods that detox the body.
Fruits are extremely high in liquid-content, helping the body wash out toxins. They are also very easy to digest and are high in antioxidants, nutrients, fiber and many
important vitamins like vitamin C.
2. Green Foods
When you are ready to detox your body, fill your refrigerator with blue green algae, barley, wheatgrass, kale, spinach, spirulina, alfalfa, chard, arugula or other organic leafy greens. These plants will help give a chlorophyll-boost to your digestive tract.
3. Lemons, Oranges & Limes
These citrus-wonders aid the body in flushing out toxins, as well as jump-start the digestive tract with enzymatic processes. They also aid the liver in its cleansing processes. To increase detoxification, start each morning with a warm glass of lemon & water.
Remember, vitamin C is one of the best detox vitamins around, as it transforms toxins into digestible material. Eat vitamin c foods often to help get more of these benefits.
This pungent little bulb is one of the best detox foods out there. It helps stimulate the liver into producing important detoxification enzymes that will help filter out toxic residues in the digestive system. We recommend adding sliced or cooked garlic to any dish, as this will help aid any detox diet.
5. Broccoli Sprouts
Extremely high in antioxidants, broccoli sprouts can help stimulate the detoxification enzymes in the digestive tract like none-other. The sprouts are actually more effective than the fully-grown vegetable, despite the picture on the right.
6. Green Tea
Packed full of antioxidants, green tea not only washes toxins out of the system through its liquid content, but also contains a special type of antioxidant called catechins, known to increase liver function.
7. Mung Beans
The mighty mung bean has been used by Ayurvedic doctors for thousands of years. It is incredibly easy to digest, and absorbs toxic residue on the sides of the intestinal walls.
8. Raw Vegetables
Best for juicing detox regimens or eaten raw: Onions, carrots, artichoke, asparagus, broccoli, cabbage, kale, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, garlic, beet, turmeric, and oregano. The combination of these foods will help your liver purge toxins during the cleansing process. These are high in naturally occurring sulphur and glutathione. Sulphur helps the liver detoxify harmful chemicals.
9. Seeds & Nuts
Incorporate more of the easily digestible seeds and nuts into your diet. This include flaxseed, pumpkin seeds, almonds, walnuts, hemp seeds, sesame seeds, chia seeds, Siberian cedar nuts and sunflower seeds. While detoxing, avoid nut butters.
10. Omega-3 Oils
Use hemp, avocado, olive oils or flax seed oil while detoxing. This will help lubricate the intestinal walls, allowing the toxins to be absorbed by the oil, and eliminated by the body.